Ransome Consulting and Sage Valley Improv
Northern Nevada and Northern California, USA
- Interview skills coaching for individuals and groups.
- Applied improv workshops focusing on communication, compassion, public speaking, collaboration, creativity, team work, spontaneity, and listening skills.
Have taught applied improv and interview skills workshops for:
Girls Soccer Leadership Program (ages 11-12)
Elementary School Destination Imagination team (ages 9-10)
Middle College (high school juniors and seniors)
Community College Students (Puente Program)
Hospital Medical Teams
Dr. Sofie Kleppner, Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs, Stanford University: "...Annelies is dedicated to teaching, and created a vibrant and wildly popular curriculum in improv for postdocs. Her classes have been routinely over-subscribed, and her reviews are nothing short of thunderous."
Patricia Ryan Madson, Faculty, Continuing Studies at Stanford University and author of "Improv Wisdom": "Annelies is a shining light in higher education. I invited her to be my teaching assistant for Stanford's Continuing Studies class: "Everyday Spontaneity: Improvising Our Lives" in 2011. She is gifted in her grasp of how improvisation works. Her positive attitude, resourceful nature and every ready smile make her a person you will want on your team. I recommend her without question or qualification."
Participants from Jan. 2018 Stanford University Workshops:
"Great job! Thank you for easing all of us into this process. It was incredibly enjoyable as well as gratifying. I look forward to more!"
"I found that the mindfulness techniques and exercises in the form of games were incredibly useful in relieving my anxieties in public speaking. Being able to let go and pace my speech were the two things I most wanted to work on."
Annelies Ransome taught "Improv for Communication," "Improv for Creativity", and interview skills workshops at Stanford University for three years. She has also lead workshops for high schools, community colleges, the Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science, medical teams, parent groups, and at national conferences. Before starting her own business, Annelies worked at Stanford University for 15 years. Her previous Stanford University positions included Associate Dean for Faculty and Academic Affairs for the School of Engineering, Conflict of Interest Officer, and Associate Director for Operations for the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs.
Improv Education Background:
- Patricia Ryan Madson: Improv Wisdom at Stanford University (Foundation 1)
- BATS Improv: Foundation 2-3, Studio Scene Work, Performance 1-3, Improvised Singing, Emotions, Advanced Actions and Wheres, Neo-Noir, Romance/Gothic, Bechdel Test, and more.
- Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science: Train the Trainer and Summer Institute for Scientists
- Keith Johnstone, creator of TheaterSports™ and author of “Impro": Special BATS Improv Workshop
- ComedySportz: Levels 1-3
- San Francisco Improv Festival Workshops: Craig Cackowski's "Sell It!" and Scott Adsit's "Advanced Two Person Scenes"
Improv Performance History:
- Good Luck Macbeth: House Improv Team Player, 2020-present
- Silicon Valley Improv Group and The Bookworms: Founder and Leader, 2013-2019
- BATS Improv Student Shows
- Applied Improvisation Network (AIN) Northern California Regional Volunteer Co-Chair, 2017-2019